Background

Thursday, January 21, 2016

MClass Dibels TRC practice

Well... here is one of my latest projects that I am working on in my classroom. We use Dibels (mClass) as a reading assessment for my state. Who loves Dibeling??? Lol!! This task is trying, yet the reports can really tell several things about the students in reading concepts and application. What I have noticed in my third graders that written comprehension (TRC) or their ability to answer "text dependent questions" is a weak skill. I spend a lot of time, teaching my sweeties how to find textual evidence using Runner's Strategy and write their answers in complete sentences (turning the question into a statement and answer the question using the connector words like "because".  I also check out this resource, MClass Reading 3D TRC Written Comprehension using Reading A-Z. by Courtney Eller. This resource is absolutely wonderful!!! It knocks out two things with one stone, fluency practice and written comprehension. Anyone looking for a prepackage resource to help in this area, I encourage you to check this product out.  FYI- the fluency passages are found on www.readinga-z.com .  Math Saavy Teacher
mClass Reading 3D TRC Written ComprehensionUsing Reading A
MClass Reading 3D TRC Written Comprehension using Reading A-Z

Reading A-Z
www.readinga-z.com

No comments:

Post a Comment