Background

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Geometry Task Cards-3rd Grade

This resource is another gem found on Teachers pay Teachers.

Geometry Task Cards (3.G.1) (click on the title for the link to the resource)

I used this as a review for 3rd graders in a whole group fashion. I also loved the language of the questions. Great test prep activity.

Materials: task cards, recording sheets,  and quadrilateral anchor chart

Prior to the activity,  students watched a quadrilateral video from YouTube:  "Know Your Quadrilaterals"

With this task card activity, it was conducted whole group, but I split students into two smaller cooperative groups,  to be of assistance.

Being that homeroom teachers wanted me to reinforce this skill,  I found an anchor chart (dont know remember exactly where I got this :( for student review and copied to the back of recording sheet.

I gave students the task cards. (1 per student) and gave them 2 minutes to solve each card. Afterward, students would rotate the card until they have answered all cards in group and stop when they have recieved their original problem back.

I went over  the answers aloud, as this was a reteaching lesson. But you could definitely collect the recording sheets and use it formatively.

Tpt link - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Geometry-Task-Cards-FREE-440709

Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment